About Me

My photo
Wife of one, Mom of two two-legged children, Mom of four four-legged children.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Attic Issue

Clutter, clutter everywhere. But the attic is by far the worst. We've only lived in this house six years. Before we could actually live in our house, we 'moved' in. Meaning 3 people's worth of crap was carried into our attic. Unfortunately, it didn't all make it out. The attic is sizeable, and uninsulated. Which makes working up there a bit tricky. I always thought I'd get to it eventually. And then life happened.

In 2008 my mother in law had a massive stroke and had to move to a nursing home. We had very little time to clean out her apartment. Which basically means that we boxed up everything(and I do mean EVERYTHING), brought it to our house and put it in the attic.

Later that year, my mother decided to move. My mother lived in the house that my sister and I grew up in. So basically, 30 plus years of our stuff to paw through and get rid of or store in our attic. See at the time, my sister lived in a small condo and didn't have any storage space. So anything she wanted to keep, had to come to our house.

In 2009, I got pregnant. So our den/guest room had to be transformed into a nursery. So, as I'm sure you've guessed by now, the bulk of the stuff from that room went into our attic.

We've had some other smaller events that have added to mess that exists above our heads, but the problem remains the same. We need to go through all this stuff and make some decisions, reorganize and eventually finish off this space so we can have a den/guest room/office/craft room again.

So I'll leave you with this. It's not a recent picture, but you get the idea....






No comments:

Post a Comment