About Me

My photo
Wife of one, Mom of two two-legged children, Mom of four four-legged children.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Sew what have I been doing?

Sewing.  For the first time since probably junior high.  We won't discuss how many years that it's actually been.  No, I'm not using the 42 year old machine.

My friend, co-worker, and occasional therapist Alison, offered to lend me a machine she wasn't using anymore and I took her up on it.  After all, she's the one who got me hooked on fabric.  She was looking at fabric online for a specific project, and was showing them to me.  I started seeing things in the "other people bought/looked at this" section that I liked.  I ended up with a few yards of fabric.

A week or so later, I was in Big Lots and found they had some fat quarters and fabric bundles.  So I ended up buying more.  Then I was in Wal Mart and saw more there and realized I had a problem.  A fabric problem.

So I have spent each evening crafting with fabric.  After purchasing a glue gun, I made a memo board on Monday.  I also have some stretched canvases that will become fabric art for L's walls.



Another co-worker who volunteers at a shelter mentioned that they could use some cat beds if we had any fabric scraps.  Since it was agreed all around that this would be fantastic practice for me, Tuesday and Wednesday, I made cat beds.





I also have a list of household sewing projects that I'd like to do (recovering the couch pillows, curtains, camera strap cover, etc.), but cats don't care if your straight stitch is crooked "whimsical".  So I continue to practice.  Those cats are going to have some cool beds!

No comments:

Post a Comment